* From Villelongue, you can discover :
- la Cité de Carcassonne : the fortified town of Carcassonne with its double ramparts and 26 towers protecting the Castle, seat of the Trencavel faimly. Since 1997 Carcassonne has been registered with the organisation for the preservation of world heritage.
- Castles of the "Cathare country" : Saissac and Lastours ; Castles in the Corbières region : Peyrepertuse and Quéribus, a bit further away.
You can also follow, in the foot-steps of Pierre-Paul Riquet and the construction of Canal du Midi, this too, is protected by World Heritage (UNESCO) :the recuperation of water at the point of Alzeau which becomes "la Rigole" : this water supply to the canal leads to the brink of Naurouze : the dividing line between the waters of the Mediterranean and the Atlantic. Along the way there are two reservoirs Lampy and St Ferréol. The passage of water between two valleys called the : trouée Vauban of the Cammazes, there are veritable works of art of civil engineering.(Water-colour by Sarah Spence)
- Montolieu Book village : there are bookshops and exhibitions situated within an old royal factory,
- The caves of Limousis and the huge grotto at Cabrespine.
- Abbays : St Papoul, Lagrasse, Fontfroide, Villelongue.